Asia Law Offices and its affiliates (collectively, “ALO,” “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate websites, provide services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “site(s),” “service(s),” or “our sites and services.”
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information where needed to use our sites and services and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday, user account name, and password.
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers.
- Personal Profile or Service Information, which may include areas of interest, information from social media interactions (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+), preferences, physical characteristics (such as height, weight), photographs and, biographical, health information and/or demographic information (such as gender);
- Transaction Information, which may include information about how you interact with and use our sites and services, email, other communications, and applications.
- Geographic Location Information, but only if your device transmits location data and/or your IP address and you have activated a location-enabled site or service.
- Job-Search-Related Information were needed for recruitment purposes and may include educational and employment background, driver’s license number, and Aadhaar number.
- Survey Data were needed for the functionality of certain services and generally includes survey questions and responses, and may allow you to import email addresses and names in order to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf;
- Access to Your Data, but only if you use certain services, interactive tools, or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services;
- Your Submissions, which generally includes information you voluntarily provide through free form text boxes, forums, document upload, or data retrieval or import.
Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
We or our third-party service providers may collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, the domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other devices, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
Do Not Track
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third-party advertising companies online by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Aperture, Privacy Choice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance.
We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Accordingly, your navigation on our sites and services may be tracked as part of our efforts to gather user information described above. If you arrive at our sites and services by way of a link from a third-party site that does respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals, such “Do Not Track” browser signal recognition will end as soon as you reach our sites and services.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on several legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services.
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure.
- our third-party service providers’ legitimate interests as described in “Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies” above.
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time.
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our sites and services.
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging and retrieving and providing analysis of data.
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies.
- to verify the information, you provide through our sites and services, including income and employment information, in connection with a loan request sent through our sites and services.
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience.
- to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels.
- to contact you via email, telephone, text, or chat in a manner required by law.
- to meet contractual obligations.
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins.
- to manage our sites’ and services’ administration, forum management, or fulfilment.
- to provide customer service and technical support.
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners.
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications.
- to allow you to apply for a job; and
- to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites.
- to understand and analyse trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behaviour.
- to gather demographic information about our user base.
- to conduct market research and measurement to improve our sites, content, and services and to make our sites, content, and services more useful for users.
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, such services include maintenance, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, marketing, email and text message distribution, customer service, and surveys and sweepstakes;
- when you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through our sites and services or otherwise submit a request through our sites and services, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the services you requested;
- where necessary to operate our sites and services, your personal information, and the contents of all your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of Internet Brands’ assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company;
- we may share information about you with Internet Brands’ subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with Internet Brands and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you products and services in which you may be interested.
We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Non-personal information may be shared with our partners who referred you to our site(s) and who may use the data for their market research and measurement purpose. User information may also be shared with our partners who help us deliver ads to you on websites not controlled by us; for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that pixel to optimize the traffic that they send to us.
User Generated Content, Online Communities and Forums, Profiles, Surveys, Reviews and Ratings
Email and Other Communications
Our sites and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through our in-product instant messaging services, service-branded emails, SMS, and other electronic communication channels.
We may make available text messaging services in which you can receive messages from us and send messages to us on your mobile phone, which will be governed by our Text Messaging Services Policy.
Opting Out of Requested Communications
Requested communications include, for instance, email newsletters and software updates that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- selecting the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link or following the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- returning to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and following the opt-out instructions; or
- filling out our Privacy Contact Form.
Opting Out of Transactional or Relationship Communications
Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being from that user. Communications that are sent by us are indicated as being from us or one of our account or support specialists. Either type of communication may be “real-time” communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates, such as appointment reminders. Email communications received from users and our administrative announcements are often transactional or relationship messages, such as appointment requests, reminders, and cancellations. You may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain email messages, although our services may provide a means to modify the frequency of receiving them.